By RSBarnes65 » July 27th, 2016, 8:27 pm
In addition to the great link above on tips for popping all of the balloons in Poppit, I would offer the following:
- Choose a Theme that allows you to best see the balloons. For instance, the combinations do not stand out to me very well in the "Classic" mode, but are much more apparent in the "Ocean" mode.
- The POGO "How to Play" suggests you work from the top of the puzzle down. Like the link above, I am the opposite, in that I believe it is easier to start at the bottom of puzzle instead of the top. My reason for this is that you can see the color of the balloons at the top, so starting at the bottom allows you to maneuver the right colors to the top to get to those balloons. While you can start at the top, I feel you spend so much time trying for the right combinations, you end up with a mess when the bottom finally catches-up.
- I start from the right and work my way left. I have done both, and while I am sure there is no logic to this statement, there almost always seems to be a better pattern to follow from the right side.
- I believe there is a solution to getting rid of the balloons in every puzzle. However, you can increase your chances, as mentioned, by choosing a game with one or two power-ups. In addition, look at the balloons on the right side (if that is the side you begin) at the start of a puzzle. If there are a lot of different colored balloons all by themselves, you will find that puzzle to be much more challenging. Keep selecting "New Game" until you find one with color groups on the side you choose to start.
- Do not get caught-up into thinking you want to save the power-ups to the very end. While I would not suggest using them in the first 10 or so matches, when you get about 60% to 70% of the way done, and you can see there is one area that is never going to match-up, then use a power-up to keep going.
- As mentioned below, do not worry about balloons of the same color on top of each other; they cannot be separated. It is the balloons of the same color that are side-to-side that can cause problems by becoming separated.
- Many times I try to play for popping all of the balloons and getting a high score. In order to get a "Super Pop" for bigger points, you must have a minimum of six balloons connected in the same color group. Many times I seem to find lots of five balloon groups, trying to tempt you into working to add a sixth balloon to obtain the "Super Pop". If you are just trying to get rid of all of the balloons, then avoid the temptation to try and get "Super Pops".
- As mentioned below, especially when you get closer to the end, keep trying different approaches by hitting the "Undo" button again and again.
- As you get near the end, and you notice a few single balloons are still left by themselves, try to look at their ordering. For example, if amongst the last 30 to 40 balloons you see a green balloon in column 1; a red balloon in column 2; a green balloon in column 3; and a red balloon in column 4; this combination cannot be solved without a power-up. Even with a power-up, you still may be in trouble. If you have a G-R-G-R combination of single balloons by column, you can see that using even the "Pin" power-up may not work to solve this.
- If you are playing a game with both power-ups at your disposal, try to find a way to use the "Weight" power-up first. The "Pin" power-up has greater flexibility. Many times, if you can move things so the "Weight" is used first, you will generally be in better shape later on.
- If you are getting rid of a lot of one color balloons near the end, make sure you did not leave a straggler someplace. If there is only one balloon of a color out there, only the "Pin" power-up will work.
- If you get to a point late in the puzzle where nothing seems to combine to get rid of all of the balloons, just finish the puzzle and start a new puzzle; sometimes, you just have to accept that you made an inadvertent bad choice early on, and it is too far back to undo everything.
Good luck, and send me a guestbook message if you have any questions.
By Mod_Jada » July 21st, 2016, 5:45 pm
Sign out of Pogo and clear your browser's cache, history, temp files, and cookies.
Close your browser after that and restart your computer.
It appears that some rooms are not up and running yet.
For now, try a room that has more than eight players in it.
That's what worked for me.
Other players have said that clicking "Start Game" instead of choosing a chat room worked for them.